Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Small Housekeeping Note

Apathy Jack writes:

To address something that has happened a few times now: I turned off commenting on my posts because it got a little bit too much like what Warren Ellis called retard farming. It’s not that I don’t want to hear from the proles as such, and there’s every chance I’ll stop bothering to hit the “ban” button at some point, but there is a certain etiquette, I feel. When I’ve opened comments for a specific reason, talking about something wildly off topic (especially, but not only, another post that I’ve made, for example) is silly. Worse is commenting on someone else’s post – that just strikes me as being faintly impolite. I don’t mean any offense to anyone, but Brain Stab has an email address on the side of this very page, and my address is in my profile, so if you want to tell me something that badly, it’s not like you don’t have any options.