Monday, July 24, 2006

Apathy Jack writes:

Right, that will probably do it for pontificating on the future. Thanks to all who suffered through my requests for contributions, you're all great. (Except Hewligan - I know what you did with that vat of marmalade and those dwarves. I have pictures. I'm turing them over to the police. Soon. I need them a while longer for, uh, research...)

So what's been going on with The Internet in the interim?

Nothing?

Fair enough.

But while I'm here: my stupidly talented friend Mary McGregor-Reid has launched a couple of sites that are well worth a click.

MaryMacGregor-Reid.com showcases her art, and The-Magdalene.com is her dance site.

Go to both of them.

Oh, and thanks to Hewligan, I've been reminded of an old project of mine, The Happiness Agenda. Did it ages ago and haven't thought about it for a while, but rereading it, I still like it, so go there and have a look.

Also, while I'm stealing from others, Andy Coombs, who did this contribution to the guest/theme week, has written something I really like, which I'm sure he won't mind if I reprint here.

...

Sometimes it seems like you don't know what's what or who's who or what the point was in the first place.

So lie back at night and look to the reaches of beyond our little rock and realise where we are, not even taking baby steps for all our wars and dramas and scandals and pissed up confessions to strangers at four in the morning.

Stare down a billion years and see that it's all in your head and although you are small your gaze strides light years to unreachable places.

It is the duty of every thinking being in this vast universe to spread what light and warmth they can into the cold between the stars. To flip a finger to the void. To defy the vacuum. To fly laughing head first into the cold stony face of entropy.

Because we are the proof that it's not all for nothing.






So look after yourselves...

No comments: