Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Apathy Josh

Josh writes:

"And there's a million of us just like me, who cuss like me, who just don't give a fuck like me..."

Yes, Jordan, we really don't care. Seriously, don't give the arse of a rat about the political scandals that "the chattering classes of bloggers and talk-backers and media hacks" seem to think herald the end of [insert politician here]'s integrity/the Labour government/society as we know it. All you Libz masturbating over the Butcher report -- don't care. Peter Doone and who said what to whom*? Couldn't care less with a gun to my head. David Benson-Pope was a nasty prick of a school teacher 20 years ago? The sheer depth of my uncaring is in danger of warping time and space around it.

Look at John Tamihere -- what was the biggest mark against him in the public's eyes?

Fraud: What?

Golden handshake: Are you being rude?

Neglected a couple of poor widdle kitty cats: You unspeakable fucking monster!

I say no more.


* Note to self: another good title for a Dr. Suess book...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apathy? Do I hear "sensible"?

However, the public really is right about Tamihere:
Fraud: don't they all do that?
Golden handshake: don't they all get that?
Neglected a couple of poor widdle kitty cats: well what a prick!

ZenTiger said...

To paraphrase George Orwell:

Good men are prepared to do ideological battle so that your lack of disinterest will not materially affect your life.

ZenTiger said...

oops - make that "lack of interest"

(for those that were bothered enough to actually read it, and then think about it, and then go "huh")

Sometimes, I don't know why I bother!

Josh said...

Yeah, that's what I assumed. When I see some of this ideological battling you mention, I'll be sure to tip my hat.

As for the ideological girly-slap-fighting-behind-the-bike-sheds-after-school that makes up the majority of online political discourse, well, see above.