Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Well that's just sad.

Josh writes:

So, we've started getting comment spam. (That's not the sad bit -- I find it strangely affirming, like when I got my first Nigerian e-mail scam. Today we are truly citizens of the blogosphere, and my chest swells with pride at the thought.) Just a few so far, but they keep on coming, so time to turn on the "Are You Human" verification test thingy. You'll see it when you try to make a comment.

I've deleted them all, but one caught my eye. It read:

I just came across your blog about **keyword** and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about [not fucking repeating your spam link here, mate]...

"Your blog about **keyword**"? Dopey spammer hasn't even filled out his template properly. I mean, I can't even respect that. Honestly, the lack of professionalism in today's spam merchants -- I blame the Labour government.

No comments: