Friday, November 10, 2006

Apathy Jack writes:

A while back I ran into my students in Palmerston North (I think I mentioned that when it happened). I was talking about that with one of my lot recently, and idly mentioned I needed to procure a copy of the photo the coach had taken of me with the team on the war memeorial.

She tracked me down today to ask me why I wasn't at the graduation dinner last night. I told her. I may be pissed off at most of my seniors, but I'm not going to lie to them. I reminded her that I was generally disheartened at her year, and that all of the stuff I had been saying of late along those lines was all true.

She thought for a moment.

"Nah, you love us," she said, before thrusting a piece of paper into my hand and going off to class.

It was an A4 print of the photo from Palmerston North, with a message along the bottom thanking me for the various things I have done for her over the years.

I don't feel guilt, because to do so would be to admit some level of human fallibility, but I hear the dinner was good...

No comments: