I'm afraid I'm too much of a poorly-read philistine to be greatly upset over the death of Kurt Vonnegut. I have, however, been thinking about Batman slash fiction.
It all started when a friend gave a rundown of his five most hated films in recent times. The Star Wars prequels got an entry to themselves, which contained the following:
Lucas really tried to pull out some stops in Episode III, but even Yoda channeling Bruce Lee couldn't save it. Even two jedi crash-landing a burning spaceship from orbit couldn't save it. You couldn't have saved it if Batman showed up in it.My train of thought following reading this was pretty much as follows:
- Heh, Batman in Star Wars -- that would be a fanboy geek's dream come true.
- In fact, I bet there's Batman/Star Wars fan fiction out there already.
- Hell, I bet there's Batman/Star Wars slash fiction out there already. With pictures.
- A couple of seconds of Google would be all it takes to post a humourous link as a response to my friend's post...
- I've got this far in my life without encountering the image of the Caped Crusader giving Darth Maul a handjob while R2 stands by ready to deploy his lube dispenser; no need to change things now.
- I don't need to check to see if it exists: this is the Internet -- I know it does.
- I have been using the Internet for too damn long.