Friday, April 13, 2007

I have been using the Internet for too damn long

Josh writes:

I'm afraid I'm too much of a poorly-read philistine to be greatly upset over the death of Kurt Vonnegut. I have, however, been thinking about Batman slash fiction.

It all started when a friend gave a rundown of his five most hated films in recent times. The Star Wars prequels got an entry to themselves, which contained the following:

Lucas really tried to pull out some stops in Episode III, but even Yoda channeling Bruce Lee couldn't save it. Even two jedi crash-landing a burning spaceship from orbit couldn't save it. You couldn't have saved it if Batman showed up in it.
My train of thought following reading this was pretty much as follows:
  1. Heh, Batman in Star Wars -- that would be a fanboy geek's dream come true.

  2. In fact, I bet there's Batman/Star Wars fan fiction out there already.

  3. Hell, I bet there's Batman/Star Wars slash fiction out there already. With pictures.

  4. A couple of seconds of Google would be all it takes to post a humourous link as a response to my friend's post...

  5. No:

    1. I've got this far in my life without encountering the image of the Caped Crusader giving Darth Maul a handjob while R2 stands by ready to deploy his lube dispenser; no need to change things now.

    2. I don't need to check to see if it exists: this is the Internet -- I know it does.

  6. I have been using the Internet for too damn long.
Take that, Blogger's Code of Conduct!

No comments: