Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Apathy Jack writes:

Really, the problem with me getting surgery is that I have the attention span of a baby goldfish that's flushed its Ritalin wherever goldfish flush things, so two weeks of forced inactivity (as opposed to voluntary inactivity, which I've developed into an art form) was always going to drive me slightly stir crazy. The question wasn't so much “would it happen” but rather “how would I know?”

Today, I had a book open in one hand, and the tv remote in the other. This isn't uncommon, as I often read while surfing between Juice and C4. I was juggling the remote. Again, not uncommon, as I've never taken up smoking so my ADD attention span demands that I do a few things at once.

Then I realised that, rather than reading the book, I had been intently watching the spin of the remote for the last few minutes. I was focused just as intently on the control as I had been on the book, and I hadn't even really noticed the transition from one to the other.

This probably just goes to show something, but I'm not sure what...

No comments: